Elected in 2021. Term expires in 2025.
Dr. Waldman was elected to Town Council in November 2021. Her term will expire in 2025.
Her service on the Town Council includes a focus on:
- Enhancing the connections between the Town and our local schools;
- Integrating the Arts in the Town;
- Thoughtful growth and development through planning and zoning.
Barb Waldman holds a BS in Biochemistry from Virginia Tech and a PhD in Biochemistry from Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Waldman is a retired faculty member from the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of South Carolina.
She also serves as a Director on two local NPOs:
- District Five Foundation for Educational Excellence
- Parent Advocates for Gifted Education in LRD5