Yard Debris Collection
- All loose debris must be bagged or containerized
- Loose limbs must be no wider than 4″ and 4′ in length
- Weekly pickups are limited to three 55-gal containers or a pile no larger than 6′ x 6′
- Leaves and Trimmings
- Grass, leaves, and small hedge trimmings should be bagged for collection. Debris should be placed in lawn and leaf bags with a capacity of no more than 35 gallons. Bagged yard waste will be given priority over un-bagged yard waste. For un-bagged leaves and trimmings, our Street Department uses pitch forks, shovels, and/or a loader-backhoe to scoop piles. A small amount of debris could remain after collection. We encourage all citizens to bag leaves and trimmings to ensure timely collection and no debris left behind.
- Bagged yard debris must be kept separate from other trash and placed at the resident’s front property line. Bagged or un-bagged yard debris is not to be placed in or on any storm drain, gutter, street, sidewalk, or water meter.
The Town will not collect landscaping materials such as railroad ties, bricks, rocks, concrete, dirt or other landscaping construction material. Soil, sod, or other excavated materials.
- A limited quantity (up to an amount equal to that of a pickup truck bed) of tree limbs and bush trimmings will be collected curbside at any residence on a weekly basis. Materials should be piled as neatly as possible along the curb or edge of the street, preferably with all cut ends laid in the same direction.
- Limbs must be no larger than four (4) feet in length and six (6) inches in diameter. Limbs that exceed the length and diameter will not be collected and the homeowner/tenant will be responsible for the removal of this debris unless brought into compliance with Town collection regulations.
Landscaping Contractor Debris
- Any landscaper or contractor working for a city resident is responsible for collecting and removing debris from that project. Tenants and property owners must ensure that debris left by any contractor is removed and properly disposed of, whether by contractors, property owners, or tenants.