Future projects include an overhead-covered pavilion, which will serve as an outdoor learning laboratory, a paved walkway, lighting, an information center, and a pergola. Events are underway to educate the community on gardening and a “literacy walk”
in partnership with the local library system.
Community gardens are collaborative projects on shared open spaces where participants share in the maintenance and products of the garden, including healthful and affordable fresh fruits and vegetables.
Gardens may offer physical and mental health benefits by providing opportunities to:
- Eat healthy fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Engage in physical activity, skill building, and creating green space.
- Beautify vacant lots.
- Revitalize communities in industrial areas.
- Revive and beautify public parks.
- Create green rooftops.
- Decrease violence in some neighborhoods, and improve social well-being through strengthening social connections.
Join the Community Garden on Facebook!
Community Garden Project Timeline: The Community Garden had an official ribbon-cutting ceremony on June 25, 2022!